Sunday, July 27, 2008

Clos Du Bois Chardonnay 2007


2007
North Coast
California

This is just a brief comment on trying the 2007, thinking it was the 2006. The Guy brought this home last week to please me following a week of no wine. While I normally prefer "new" wines to review, I was so happy that it was my old standby (or so I thought). I tasted it and, though it was good, it was different and not as "minerally" or finish-lasting as my norm. So I quizically studied the label. It was 2007 in lieu of 2006. I was pretty thrilled to realize I can tell the difference a year makes! Anyway, still a good wine, but I will pay more for the 2006 flavor.


And you read your Emily Dickinson,
And I my Robert Frost,
And we note our place with bookmarkers
That measure what weve lost.
Like a poem poorly written
We are verses out of rhythm,
Couplets out of rhyme,
In syncopated time
Lost in the dangling conversation
And the superficial sighs,
Are the borders of our lives.

Simon & Garfunkel, Dangling Conversations







7.75 out of 10
$22 / 1.5 L bottle
http://closdubois.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users.
I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit).
You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:
Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ).
Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com