Monday, July 28, 2008

14-18h Rose

2007
Agiorgitiko
Greece
I once again visited the world of Rose (accent mark necessary but stumps me again). 14-18h was pretty good. I actually liked it. It wasn't sweet. It was dry and flavorful. Reminded me a bit of "Turkey Flat" which is another Rose I like. Though it wasn't heady, like I like my whites and reds (I didn't expect it with a Rose), I enjoyed it with leftover Tortellini Alfredo and fresh, sliced Avocado. And I enjoyed it on it's own. On a hot summer day, this is a refreshing wine to drink, well chilled.

Although, not a strong wine, I found myself affected :) My children have been away having fun at the beach with their grandparents for several days, and I knew I missed them, but I didn't know how much until my little one called me tonight to ask me to say her prayers over the phone and sing "Silent Night" to her (our favorite bedtime song all year round). I answered the phone at 10:00 PM and heard a quiet "Hi Momma" (I LOVE it when she calls me that - normally she calls me "Mom" except when she's really sleepy or just out of sorts). She asked for "prayers and 'Silent Night' ". I choked up halfway through prayers, then again doing the second verse of "Silent Night". I blamed the wine in my mind. :)


All my bags are packed,
I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin, it's early morn
The taxis waiting, he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
Im leavin' on a jet plane
I don't know when Ill be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go.
Peter, Paul, and Mary, Leavin' on a Jet Plane





7.75 out of 10
12.5% alc. by vol.
$13 / 750 ml. bottle

No comments: