Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Klinker Brick



2005
LODI
Old Vine Zinfandel

Will buy again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Thank you for your Dead Arm comments Paso Robles. I love to hear others' takes on wines I've tried. As I had the Dead Arm without food, I especially enjoyed learning what you served it with.

Before I review, check out this very cool wine glass to be used when one glass of wine just isn't enough:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/70375.asp

I bought Klinker Brick to have at Thanksgiving before Uncle Bob's Turley for those who wanted red. I had (2) bottles left over and opened one as I never did have it on Thanksgiving. One was very good so The Guy opened the second.

A dark red velvet-like color, this full bodied wine was medium dry with a fairly long, slightly, slightly bitter but enjoyable finish. It's scent was “berry” soaked in oak. The taste was very berry up front followed by slight oak and then warmth going down, followed by a very slight vanilla-ness and allover nice balance.

cable knit sweater
extended then enveloping
a welcome safe haven
troubles fade, no need for coping
life becomes new
as time is transended
but for a few

8.25 out of 10
Alc. 15.5% by vol
$16.99 / 750 ml bottle
http://www.klinkerbrickwinery.com/

No comments: