Monday, April 9, 2007

Upcoming Reviews

So many wines, so little time . . .

I find myself just too tired to write this evening, but I have much to write about. Over the long Easter weekend, and during the past week, I have tried many lower-budget reds and one just above budget fabulous Zin. In addition, The Guy and I have started a wine lover's diet which pairs many a wine with a Mediterranean way of eating.

Look for the following to be reviewed in the upcoming days ahead (in order from worst to best):

El Toqui Cabarnet Sauvignon (2002 Chilean)
Dogajolo dry red table wine (2005 Tuscan)
Jacob's Creek Reserve Shiraz (2004 South Australian)
Estancia Cabarnet Sauvignon (2004 Paso Robles)
Santa Rita Merlot (2005 Chilean)
Castle Rock Pinot Noir (2006 Sonoma)
Joel Gott Zinfandel (2005)

In addition, has anyone out there every tried . . . (gulp) . . . Trader Joe's "Two Buck Chuck" red? I'd love to know as a co-worker of my mother's recommended I try it. $2.00 a bottle? I'm imagining the good old 1970's Lancer's table wine that once consumed, my parents would turn the bottles into candle holders (only after dripping candle wax over the bottle for maximum designer effect) .

No comments: