Thursday, April 19, 2007

Clos de los Siete

Mendoza
Argentina
2005

Would definitely drink again.

I am not particularly fond of dry wine with a bite. Although I am not fond of sweet, mild wine either. I am, at best, difficult to please. This 50% Malbec, 30% Merlot, 10% Cab, and 10% Syrah was dry with a bite . . . before dinner. Upon pouring, swirling, and then smelling three times, the bouquet was very fruity. I held it in my mouth for 5 seconds and then swallowed. It was dry, slightly bitter, and then flavorful at the 15 - 30 second mark. The flavor still lingered at 60 seconds. But I wouldn't continue drinking it without pairing it with food. After eating chicken sausage with roasted red pepper sauteed in olive oil and fresh garlic with French green beans, the wine was pretty darn good to me. Although it was still dry, the slight sweetness, acidity, bitterness and tannin in the aftertaste was much more balanced. Not only that, the garlic flavor in the food came out. 7.5 out of 10.

Clos de los Siete
Managed by Michel Rolland
$15.99 / bottle
Special Note: Alcohol Content: 15%

No comments: