Thursday, April 9, 2009

Menage A Trois

A Blend (my favorite) - Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
NAPA
2007

Full bodied, smooth and fruit-bomb filled.

Last week, my boss and I went out to lunch and I had a glass of this. I simply loved it. In retrospect, it was probably too heavy for lunch as I was feeling it for a couple of hours afterwards. But I felt good for the first time in awhile. :) So, when we hit Houlihan's (my current favorite franchise) again this week, I didn't hesitate to order it again. I handled it a bit better today as I had consumed more of a breakfast earlier in the day. Full bodied and fruit-bomb filled, it is so warm going down. And there was indeed a finish for me (I've read others' reviews indicating otherwise). And it's under $13. It's a good deal. Both times I've had it with grilled salmon. Loved it alone more, but it accompanies grilled meats well.

I purchased a bottle tonight for The Guy to try. He likes "peppery" in his reds, I do not. He missed the pepper. I didn't.

8.25 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$12.99/750 ml. bottle
menageatroiswines.com

No comments: