Friday, April 3, 2009

GPD09

No wine blog tonight, in honor of GPD09:

On Twitter, I just came across Gary Vaynerchuk's Good People Day just in time to post before April 3rd ends. I love his idea of posting GOOD things about GOOD people in lieu of all the bad news out there in media land. I don't know if my blog follows the rules exactly, as this kid seems to be doing all right with positive media attention, but I wanted to write about him anyway. I first heard about McKay Hatch on National Public Radio. He is a young boy who believes in no swearing. I was SO happy and proud of him for not only choosing the high road in his own life, but encouraging others to do the same. He is a real inspiration for positive change. Please see the link below about the club he started and has successfully launched and grown.

I have 3 children and am trying to raise them to act respectfully and classey in a really disrespectful, unclassey world of late. I can't take them to the movies or even the grocery store without profanity being overheard or blatantly used. I am so sick of the "F" bomb being dropped like it's the word "and". It's disheartening and offensive. So, on a positive note, I want to do my part to bring even more attention to McKay. And, what an awesome idea Gary started. May next year be the biggest Good People Day ever.

http://www.nocussing.com/aboutncc.html


For a link to Gary's idea:

garyvaynerchuk.com/post/92643534/good-people-day-2009

No comments: