Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turley Zinfandel


2003
LODI
California

I am shocked to learn that I never reviewed this wine last year! Uncle Bob has brought it for Thanksgiving for the last few years and I thought I'd reviewed it previously. I LOVE it with turkey and the vast other accompaniments we have with our main course. It is rich in flavor and deep in color and rather distinct in its smokey cherry-ness.

We have a varying menu that breaks all starch rules - we have rice, and potatoes and stuffing, AND bread! This year's menu was a wonderfully roasted organic turkey (gift from my boss), mashed sweet potatoes, mashed white potatoes, wild rice salad with cranberries and walnuts, sauteed green beans with garlic, butter lettuce with pignolia nuts and cranberries and celery, pumpkin muffins, sausage stuffing, parsnips and carrots, and pumpkin, apple, chocolate cream and peanut butter pies, and organic vanilla bean ice cream!!!!! Quite a varying degree of flavors.

However, for the main menu flavors, I just love the Turley Zin. Thank you so much to my beloved uncle. :)

Last night was a night well-spent at a local craft center, surrounded by creativity, at yet another wine and food pairing event put on by my favorite artisan food shoppe! The Guy and I accompanied my boss and his wife to yet another fun event. I've got pics and notes to post in a few days.

"We are all unique.
Special.
One of a kind.

With your light, pure soul
Eyes bluer than the sea.
Hair richer than the finest chocolate.

Kind.
Gentle.
Compassionate,
beautiful in every way.

Like an angel,
born of stardust.
Heaven sent.
One of a kind."

(Written by my eldest for me.)

8.5 out of 10
15.6% alc. by vol
$59 / 750 ml

No comments: