Monday, April 23, 2007

Revisiting Carpineto Dogajolo

Tuscan Beef Stew!!!! That's what it needed (see the recipe at "ChezNathalie").

I find it fascinating that my first reaction when smelling this wine was that it made me think of beef burgundy. When it was paired with beef stew, it was so much better. There's something to be said for deciding what you'll eat simply by experiencing the bouquet of your wine. Kevin Zraly (I am just going to keep referring to this author because I LOVE his book "Windows On The World Complete Wine Course") asks in said book if you are a person who chooses your wine based on what your meal will be, or are you a person who chooses your meal based on what your wine will be. Kevin chooses what he will eat around his wine.

The Dogajolo was much more enjoyable when paired with the meal. The dryness dissipated and the flavor emerged. I would definitely buy this wine again to be paired with beef stew.

No comments: