Monday, April 30, 2007

OLD VINE RED LOT NUMBER FORTY TWO

California Proprietary Red Wine
Zinfandel, Petite Syrah and Carignane Blend

I love this wine.

I was in Stew Leonard's wine shop and the manager recommended I try this. For me, it tastes great all on its own. Its bouquet is spicy, yet the flavor is sweet. The finish is smooth and well-balanced. It is a great wine to just have on hand as an every day wine. I intend to buy more if I can. I will have to go back to Stew's as my local guy, Bob, only had two bottles left. I assumed it was due to the amazing value for the taste. However, he said it's just not selling and he's not sure he's going to stock more! I told him I'm baffled that it didn't sell. He agreed as he also found it to be quite enjoyable for the price. He told me he'll re-think not stocking it. Meanwhile, I'm going to clean house where I can.

8 out of 10

Marietta Cellars
Geyersville, California
www.mariettacellars.com (Loved this website too)
$11.99

No comments: