Sunday, November 13, 2011

Old Vine Red Lot Number 50

OLD VINE RED #50
MARIETTA CELLARS
CALIFORNIA


I had Lot #42 in April of 2007. I gave it an 8.0 at the time and I concur that this one is around the same. It is nice to know the Lots are consistent, but I was excited to try this and I was hoping it would be even better than Lot #42. Lot #50 is peppery with floral notes and fruit bomb remnants. It is another blend based off of Zin. I had it with grass-fed beef and asparagus, but it was really good with a piece of home-made fudge.


Tugged the moon into the ground

Turn this bedroom upside down tonight

Took my faith and I breathed it out

Walked right through a cloud of flashing lights

Bright lights

Pain takes my heart's place

The love we made we can't erase it

Don't wanna face it

Erin McCarley, Pitter-Pat


8.0 OUT OF 10

$12.99/750 ML. BOTTLE

13.5% ALC. BY VOLUME



No comments: