Sunday, January 24, 2010

Twomey Merlot


2001
NAPA Valley
Oakville, CA


This was a highly enjoyable wine. A Christmas gift from my partner in crime during the work week, we drank this with my mom's birthday dinner. Terrific on its own, it accompanied my Rioja Chicken with prunes and olives nicely. It also tasted great with our chocolate cake dessert.

Herb and earth scents opened upon pouring. The taste was on par with the bouquet, with a little of cocoa and black berry mixed in. This was delicious overall.

I'm sorry, again :( Not a budget wine.






Rioja Chicken called for Rioja wine. As I didn't have any, I turned it into Merlot chicken just as well. I made long grain brown rice, caramelized carrots and fresh popovers to accompany it.





This Devil's Food chocolate cake recipe of my grandmothers tasted good with the wine as well.








Night and day, you are the one
Only you beneath the moon or under the sun
Whether near to me, or far
It's no matter darling where you are
I think of you
Day and night, night and day, why is it so?

--Cole Porter--


$75 / 750 ml. bottle
8.25 out of 10
14.4% alc. by vol.

No comments: