Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hayman Hill


2005
Cabernet Sauvignon
NAPA VALLEY
Reserve Selection No. 27

Would love to drink again, and again.

9/20/08 - Update: Had again with lunch - tostadas with black beans, kidney beans, garlic, tomato sauce, Greek plain yogurt and Chipotle topping. Very, very good together.

I still have (3) wines that The Bro brought Labor Day weekend to review, and (3) new reds from a picnic yesterday. But tonight, we had one of our own and this was it. I enjoyed it a LOT. It was good alone and with turkey meatballs, roasted garlic marinara and fresh basil from my kitchen garden, spinach and fresh parmesean. Especially excellent following a bite of the meatball. Scent of a meaty olive, the taste was pleasant blackberry with a little oak and vanilla with a lingering finish.

Quote of the Day - I told The Guy (who, in case you didn't know, writes for Comcast and Scout on the internet about the New England Patriots) with regard to the Patriots' Tom Brady replacement: "He makes me wish I was twenty years old again, and a New England Patriot cheerleader."

He quoted me, wryly, on his report: newengland.comcastsportsnet.com/wickedgoodsports/patriots/week-2-cassel-vs-the-hated-jets/


8.25 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$12.00 / 750 ml. bottle

No comments: