Santa Rosa, CA
Wow. Ok. This wine was very good. It reminded me very much of one of my all-time favorite chardonnays: Sonoma-Cutrer. That said, it is 1/3 of the price! I consider this the best buy of the year so far.
Today was very warm. I am not used to jumping into summer from a mild winter. We had no real winter, and we are apparently headed for no spring either. We are going right into warm, hot weather. Our usual temps for March are low 30's. Today it was 80 degrees +. I was in the mood for a chilled white with my moroccan chicken recipe given to me yesterday by my friend Cheryl. I am not a chicken leg person, however, this recipe cooks the chicken so well it falls off of the bone. The flavor is insanely good with healthy spices like turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
Camelot has an awesome slight minerality, creamy vanilla with pear flavor. Highly enjoyable. I can't get over the price for the flavor. It was good on its own and with the chicken, cauliflower, asparagus, and spinach.
I highly recommend it.
Recipe for Moroccan Braised Chicken:
- 4 T olive oil
- 6 whole chicken legs (drumsticks & thighs attached, skin removed)
- coarse salt & ground pepper
- 1 lrg. onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 1 t. Turmeric
- 1 t. ground Ginger
- 1/2 t. Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 c lrg. pitted prunes (dried plums)
1. In a lrg. (5 qt.) heavy pot, heat 2 T olive oil over medium-high. Generously salt & pepper chicken. Place 3 chicken legs in pot & cook, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes total. Transfer browned chicken to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken and oil.
2. Add onion and 1/4 c water to pot. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits in pot. Add turmeric, ginger & cinnamon and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to pot. Add 2 c. water and half of prunes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & partially cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and very tender, about 45 - 50 minutes - stir throughout from time to time while sipping on a glass of wine. :)
3. Transfer chicken to a platter & cover tightly to keep warm, or place on warming burner. Add remaining prunes to pot & raise heat to high. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes more. Divide chicken among plates and top with sauce.
Well I've been here before
Sat on a floor in a grey grey mood
Where I stay up all night
And all that I write is a grey grey tune
So pray for me child, just for a while
That I might break out yeah
Pray for me child
Even a smile would do for now
'Cause I'm all alone again
Crawling back home again
Stuck by the phone again
Have I still got you to be my open door
Have I still got you to be my sandy shore
Have I still got you to cross my bridge in this storm
Have I still got you to keep me warm
If I squeeze my grape then I drink my wine
'Cause if I squeeze my grape and I drink my wine
'cause nothing is lost, it's just frozen in frost,
And it's opening time, there's no-one in line
Damien Rice, Grey Room
8.0 out of 10
13.5 alc. by vol.
$6.99!!! / 750 ml. bottle (Go For It)