Tuesday, August 2, 2011

6th Sense Syrah


2008
Lodi Appellation


This wine was all chocolate, leather, rasberries and smoke.

I have not felt like posting or even writing much of anything since the untimely passing of my uncle. Everything just feels . . . different. More importantly, wine isn't so great anymore. I used to taste zealously and with anticipation and fun. I just don't feel the same. I go about my days as usual, but now with less zeal when I remember he's gone (which is several times a day). When I catch myself laughing, I feel bad. But I do remember how important laughter was to him and how much joy he brought others and I know he would want me to laugh as much as I can.

So, I am back to review the first wine I've had in awhile that inspired me and that I thoroughly enjoyed. But, more importantly, I felt compelled to write again due to re-connecting with my husband's younger brother. He is at an age finally where he realizes what is truly important. He has been out of our lives for too many years. He came for dinner and we talked, played wiffle ball, rode around in a golf cart, drank wine and toasted life, and ate birthday cake in celebration of his recent birthday. It was the best I've felt since Uncle Bob died, and I am thankful.



Chocolate and rasberries . . .



The hardest day awaits me this year - Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday and it was the one I totally enjoyed sharing with Uncle Bob. He truly was the best. I said some words at the burial of his ashes, and I ended with this poem by the great Emily Dickinson. Life is, truly, too short.

You will not see me, so you must have faith.
I wait for the time when we can soar together again, both aware of each other.
Until then, live your life to its fullest and when you need me, just whisper my name in your heart, I will be there.

--Emily Dickinson--


8.25 out of 10
$16 /750 ml. bottle

15.5% alc. by vol.

2 comments:

The guy said...

Nice wine. Left a good second impression after the chocolate. Not all wines we drink have that effect on me. Some taste downright awful after cake, but not this one.



It certainly needs another "in-depth" look.

Natural deodorant said...

Hi..

Nice post

James smith…
natural deodorant

Thanks