Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kendall Jackson Chardonnay

Vintner's Reserve
2008

I walked with a friend tonight
We hit 5 miles at a good pace
I was sweating
My heart was pounding and it felt good
My heart has been sore and broken
I wanted to feel it pumping out of my chest
I pushed myself harder

Later I drank lemon water, 2 glasses
And then she took out a well chilled bottle
Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, Vintner’s Reserve, 2008
I could not resist
I raised my glass to toast you
But she was on to something else
She didn’t know you
So I toasted you in my head

My boss asked me today how I was
I burst into tears
He didn’t know what to do
He stood up and reached across his desk
I couldn’t stop the tears

You weren’t even mine
I don’t have your blood pumping through my veins
But I always felt I should have
Maybe that’s just me, being me, always overreacting

I will miss you forever.

8.o out of 10
$13.99 / 750 m. bottle

No comments: