Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cakebread Chardonnay


2009
Cakebread Cellars
Chardonnay
NAPA Valley, CA


This one is short and sweet. It was a good wine. It was recommended highly by a friend. It was given to me by another friend. (I have nice friends.) It was big citrus fruit and slight apple, and enjoyable, but just not the heavy body or minerality I look for in a chardonnay.

Given the choice between this $32 bottle and my previously reviewd $19 bottle of Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve chardonnay - I am going with the KJ Grand Reserve ALL THE WAY. The distinct flavor and minerality, as well as the extra body make the KJ a way better deal in my opinion.


I've been doubting yours, baby
I've been doubting mine
I've been out of circulation
Where the sun don't shine
. . .Have to draw the line

David Gray, Draw the Line


8.0 out of 10
$32 / 750 ml. bottle
14.1% alc. by vol.

No comments: