Thursday, March 11, 2010

HJ Fabre Malbec

2008
Mendoza - Argentina




I think it needs more time. Then I might drink it again.


Initially disappointing for me. The Guy liked it. It was high alcohol taste for me, and quite bitter. It was definitely better after air time, and rather enjoyable a couple of days later with chicken and sweet potatoes.


Once I got past the alcohol, I got a black fruit flavor and a bit of licorice and warm spice.





Something about the bitterness of the wine and the sweetness of the roasted potatoes made a positive difference. It is recommended to serve with red meats and fine cheese.

I think a re-visit is necessary in the future with some of my brother's NY State sharp, aged cheddar and the decanter.




The rain is like an orchestra to me
Little gifts from above meant to say
Girl, you're falling at his feet
Isn't lovely or stunning today

The rain'll bring me down

--Rachel Yamagata--



8.0 out of 10 (from The Guy)
7.5 out of 10 (from The Gal)
$12 / 750 ml. bottle
14.5% alc. by vol.

No comments: