Friday, October 9, 2009

ZIN91

2006
Old Vine Zinfandel
California

This was just OK. Had a bit of a bitter taste that I couldn't get past. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. Mostly plum and slight cherry flavors with a bit of black pepper mixed in.

I'm stepping back in time tonight to remember my good old best friend John B. from college. A boy I was very fond of, but just not fond enough to make it work. (Harry was right in When Harry Met Sally - sometimes guys and girls just can't be friends without it having to go somewhere else, which then either ruins the friendship, or maybe, just maybe was the right thing after all.) Anyway, he was my best bud for awhile there (we're talking a couple of years), until we made out on my birthday and I felt like I was kissing my brother and pushed him away and he left all mad and pretty much didn't want to ever talk to me again. :(

A favorite song of his was running through my mind tonight and made me think of him:

Might as well go for a soda, nobody hurts and nobody cries
Might as well go for a soda, nobody drowns and nobody dies. . .
It's better than slander

The Kim Mitchell Band

$15 / 750 ml. bottle
7.5 out of 10
14% alc. by vol.


No comments: