Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yankee Girl Blush

Light (Blush) Wine
Hardwick Vineyard

Massachusetts


We had some good friends visit us from the volunteer state a couple of weekends ago and we had a great time visiting. I was pleasantly surprised to learn there was a bottle of wine waiting for me at their hotel a few days after they departed. It was this blush from a quaint little New England vineyard. The woman whose family owns the vineyard also does some of the label art work and I just loved this label.

Nicely chilled, this sweet wine is refreshing on a warm summer day. It had an apricot bouquet and it tasted of both peaches and apricots. I put my feet up on the back patio, opened a good book and sipped in the late afternoon sun. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was happy to venture a bit from my wintry norm. Thank you J&A!!





Although I liked it best on its own, it accompanied my Parmesan Omelet nicely!


8.0 out of 10
(Not much wine label particulars available)




You caught me under false pretenses
How long before you let me go?

"Supermassive Black Hole" by MUSE

No comments: