Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ballet of Angels

Wine Label of
American White Wine
Sharpe Hill Vineyard
Pomfret, CT

When I went to pick up my daughter from a visit with friends, the parents gave me a glass of this and I really enjoyed it. Well chilled, this is a very refreshing medium-bodied semi-dry white wine. It is supposedly comprised of (10) grape types. Although I originally had a glass on its own, the mom and I had been talking over fresh cut watermelon and she had a bite right after a sip of wine and, mid-sentence her eyes widened and she quickly had another sip of wine and smiled and indicated for me to do the same. What ensued was a wonderful unexpected pairing. Needless to say, I had another glass of wine with watermelon.

Priced right, this is a definite summer recommendation.


And so there's a change...
In your emotions
And all of these memories come rushing
Like feral waves to your mind
Of the curl of your bodies
Like two perfect circles entwined
And you feel hopeless, and homeless
And lost in the haze
Of the wine
. . .

Around Midnight, The Airborne Toxic Event
(This is currently my favorite song - a genius crescendo of raw emotion and lyrics that, if this has ever happened to you, hits close to home)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2YnDlEMXiU

8.0 out of 10
12% alc. by vol.
$11 / 750 ml. bottle

No comments: