Saturday, May 2, 2009

Monsanto Chianti Classico


2004
Riserva
Italy

A warm, earthy, smoked leather cherry and vanilla mushroom in the mouth. :)


Finally, I found another chianti I really like. Deep ruby in color, silky smooth and full bodied, it is recommended to decant this wine several hours? We did with one bottle and we didn't with the other. Both tasted the same. And there was little sediment if any. You don't need to decant. Either way, it's highly enjoyable and recommended to drink now through 2016.


And I don't understand
by the touch of your hand
I would be the one to fall

I miss the little things
I miss everything about you

It doesn't mean much
it doesn't mean anything at all
the life I left behind me
is a cold room

Sarah McLachlan, Sweet Surrender



WS 91, WE 90

8.5 out of 10
$20 / 750 ml. bottle
13.5% alc. by vol.

No comments: