Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hill Family Estate Merlot



2010
Beau Terre Vineyard
NAPA

83% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Malbec, 4% Petit Verdot
I should have maybe kept this a bit longer. It was good, but it was young. I bet it would be a big jump better a year from now. Still, it was enjoyable. I just don't think it equalled it's price yet. It tastes like a $20-something wine.

It had dark fruit flavor and quite a bit of oak flavor. I made Stead Au Poivre and found the oak to become hot, peppery oak following a bite of the tenderloin.

Quite a bit of time has passed I see since posting last. I had a  few great wines at Easter when my brother visited and we went shopping. I also was given a wine as a gift that was awesome with our Easter pork loin and garlic chutney. My husband was slightly efficient and immediately removed all empty bottles to the dump. I can no longer tell you of my two favorites from last weekend. Well, we take the bitter with the sweet.



Be this sunset soon forgotten
Your brothers left here shaved and crazy
We've learned to hide our bottles in the well
And what's worth keeping, sun still sinking
Down and down
Once again
Down and down
Gone again

Iron & Wine, Sunset Soon Forgotten

8.25 out of 10
14.5% alc. by vol.
$35 / 750 ml. bottle

No comments: