Saturday, September 3, 2011

Schild Estate Shiraz

2008
Barossa
Australia



Wow. 94 points from Wine Spectator. Really?? I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong. This is a good wine. Dark berry, vanilla flavor with a hint of smokiness. Flavors that I normally would be totally in love with. I expected this would be so much more.

I still believe it WILL indeed be so much more in a couple of years. I think it has fantastic potential. It was just a little too early just yet.


Had a great time with family during a too short beach vacation. Misquamicut was fantastic fun with my eldest and I riding waves together and laughing. No jellyfish. A lot of fun in the sun.

We had no power, but we didn't need it. Beach by day, kayaking, candelight on the deck at night overlooking the moonlight and water. My children and their beautiful cousin, my brother-in-law with his guitar, a visitor from Barcelona, and a sister-in-law with a bottle of red. Just what I needed. :)






Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead
You know how the time flies
Only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised in a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days

Adele, Someone Like You






8.25 out of 10
14.5% alc. by vol.
$20 / 750 ml. bottle (but I received a $3 discount so it cost me $17) :)

No comments: