Sunday, May 22, 2011

LAN Rioja


2006 Crianza
Spain

Wine Spectator gave this a 90.

I have not been a fan of Rioja and just figure it's because I haven't found a good one yet. But once I saw the higher WS rating, and the cheaper price, I thought I'd give this a try.

It's good, just not standout. Dry, heavy cherry flavor, medium-bodied, it is recommended with pasta and cheese, or alone. I enjoyed it alone. But I did have a headache a couple of hours later. It wasn't like I overindulged - I only had two small glasses. The headache adversely affected my rating, although I DO realize a plethura of environmental or other influences could have caused the headache.

Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
Til this evening is this morning, life is fine


The Last Supper, Jesus Christ Superstar


7.75 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$11 / 750 ml. bottle

1 comment:

roofTip said...

Just had a bottle of this last night and had the same experience. I've never experienced such a headache from such a small amount of wine.