Sunday, October 23, 2011

Meiomi Pinot Noir

2008
Pinot Noir
Belle Glos

Sonoma County 65%
Monterey County 20%
Santa Barbara County 15%

A Christmas gift to the Guy from his boss, this Pinot Noir was finally enjoyed tonight.

I have previous Belle Glos Pinot Noir memories - my brother bought a Belle Glos pinot noir for Christmas in 2007? Awesome. I think I have it at a "higher" rating (8.75). Well, the Meiomi was a pretty darn good runner up. Hints of the same - earth, berry, and herb (thyme) make this a phenomenal wine for the price. People: If you want to impress any wine aficionados, buy this (usually less than $20) wine. It tastes more expensive. I've heard it's good with pizza. I made organic chicken soup and added a wee bit to the broth and found it terrific as an accompaniment to the soup.


They say time will make all this go away
But it's time that has taken my tomorrows
And turned them into yesterdays
And once again that rising sun
Is droppin' on down
And once again you my friend
Are nowhere to be found
And it's so hard to do
And so easy to say
But sometimes
Sometimes you just have to walk away
Walk away
And head for the door

Ben Harper, Walk Away


8.25 out of 10
$19.99
13.9% alc. by vol.

No comments: