Saturday, June 11, 2011

Montepulciano D'Abruzzo


2008
Italian Red Wine


My friends invited me to their house to sit by the fire pit and drink some wine with dark chocolate from Spain. They brought out this CHEAP wine and wanted to know my opinion. It was actually pretty good. I mean, it is $6.00. $6.00!

It wasn't heavy bodied like I prefer, but I really had no expectations. It had a mini kick of fruity dryness. I enjoyed saying the name over and over. I even recorded it, but can't get any help from the CS Guy other than to get an audio widget, which I tried but failed to embed.

Maybe it was the company, or the music, or the flames dancing before my eyes and warming my bare feet, or perhaps, the dark chocolate flown home from Spain, I may never know, but it was good for the price.


Your the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who tried to deny you
Must be out of their minds

Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know


Cold Play, "Green Eyes"

7.75 out of 8.0
$6 / 750 ml. bottle (that is not a typo)
12.5% alc. by vol.

No comments: