Saturday, June 6, 2009

Night Harvest Chardonnay




2007
RH Phillips Vineyard
California

Not bad. Typical toasty oak. Might drink again. Tasted great with Annie's organic mac and cheese (white cheddar) smothered in crushed red pepper and freshly ground black pepper. Excellent pairing. Other than that, it was fairly good.

(I still have to write about my wonderful Mother's Day weekend luncheon I had with my grandmother and my "new" grandfather, and my wonderful Aunt B. and Uncle B., and newly betrothed cousin M. - I am very excited about her wedding which will be later this year at sundown at the Chelsea Point lighthouse. I will get another chance to take NYC pics. Anyway, we had great food and wine and I have a few wines to cover from that fun day. But I am awaiting the results of having borrowed a friend's camera to take label shots after the fact. She is in the process of sending them to me but I'm not sure they're good.)

I'm in a funk. Except for the above-mentioned luncheon, I've had no recent great wines. (But I make a mean fresh strawberry Cuervo Gold margherita.) The wines have all been run-of-the-mill. And I'm not into posting so much lately - probably as a result. And now my numbers are way down and I'm running out of inspiration. And so I have found an escape by throwing myself into the lives of Edward and Bella and am on the fourth and last book to the Twilight series and am thoroughly depressed that Midnight Sun is not yet available thanks to the numbskulls that decided to pirate it from Stephanie Meyer and try to distribute parts of it without her knowledge, thus causing her to pull back and not release it. :( On a positive note, I have been turned on to some very cool music (and much unlike my usual tastes) thanks to Ms. Meyer's series. It is awesome to read these books and then see who her musical influences were while writing - I can totally see the characters come to life in a new way when listening to her preferred writer's block fixes. Her favorite band is Muse and I tried adding them to my Pandora, but couldn't. So, I have added many of her other inspirations (I love Blue October) and, interestingly enough, Muse pops up every now and then. Pretty darn cool.

Sometimes you just have to walk away
Walk away
And head for the door

"Walk Away", Ben Harper

7.75 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$15 / 1.5L





No comments: